Holiday Football Courses for all abilities
The Football in the Community Development weeks offers opportunities to boys and girls from ages 5 to 15 years.
The weeks are run over three to four days, with the main course in operation on the first three days and the optional day on the fourth. There are three themes to the Development Weeks; Mainstream, Goalkeepers only and Girls only weeks.
The Development weeks are run at various locations, with the main one being staged at Swindon Town Football Club, with the coaching programme being delivered at the local St Joseph’s Catholic College. The weeks are also delivered at places such as Marlborough, Kingston Bagpuize, Chippenham, Beversbrook and Cashes Green to name but a few.
STFITC now currently run an ‘Elite’ course for children from 8 – 10 and 11-14 years of age. This course takes place at Stratton Community Centre and is aimed at technical and tactical sessions. Children who attend our advcanced centres are welcome to attend and this course is invite only. For more information then please contact Shane Hewlett on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The weeks enable children to make new friends, develop their skills and techniques whilst engaging within a fun and safe environment. There are opportunities to win prizes and everyone goes away with a goody bag presented on the third day.
STFiTC also offer children the chance to take part inside the STFC Inflatable arena and also provide the chance for youngsters to take a tour of the County Ground stadium.
These Development Weeks enable staff and scouts to recognise and identify local talent to enable youngsters to progress on to the Centre of Excellence Programme.
During the Easter Half Term STFITC will be running a;
- Week 1 – Swindon 3 Day Development – Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th May
- Week 1 –Swindon 3 Day Goalkeepers Development – Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th May
- Week 1 – Swindon 3 Day Girls Only Development –Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th May
- Week 1 – Swindon 4 Day Development - Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th, Thursday & Friday 29th May
- Week 1 – Swindon 4 Day Goalkeepers Development - Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th, Thursday & Friday 29th May
- Week 1 – Elite Swindon Development (Invite only) - Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th May
Please see below the downloadable application forms;
“My son will be 16 in May and therefore attending his last course in Easter. He has attended most courses since he was 8 and has had a fantastic time, learnt a lot and most importantly met new friends. I am sure you have all had an influence on my sons decision to go into Sports Coaching when he leaves school in July.”
Melissa Keen of Swindon